Skip to main content

Chimamanda Adichie Bags Best Women' s Prize for Fiction

 



One of Nigeria's award-winning authors, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has added another feather to her cap, with her book "Half of a yellow sun" winning the best women's prize for fiction.

She has also been named the ‘Best of the Best’ of the winners of the second decade of the Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction, as chosen by the Chairs of judges of the past ten years.

In her acceptance note, she said "This is a prize that I really respect because I think this is a prize that has consistently brought very good literature to the forefront and has introduced really good books that might have not received the kind of recognition if not for this prize"

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie grew up in Nigeria. Her work has been translated into thirty languages. She is the author of three novels; Purple Hibiscus, which won the Commonwealth Writers’ Prize and the Hurston/Wright Legacy Award, and was shortlisted for the Orange Prize for Fiction; Half of a Yellow Sun, which won the Orange Prize for Fiction and was a National Book Critics Circle Award Finalist and Americanah which was shortlisted for the Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction in 2014.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“You cannot sell much when your branding is poor” - Obanor

  Ik Obanor is a graduate of English from the prestigious University of Ibadan. He is the President and Founder of the Catalyst, an organisation that provides Branding and Printing solutions for organisations. In this interview with JOY NGWOLO, he shares his journey of starting out as an employee with no pay to owning his business, he also highlights some problem-solving tips for entrepreneurs. What led you into the Branding and Printing business? After youth service, I decided that I was going to stay in my place of service which was Akwa Ibom state. And way back in school, I had always had this interest in printing and branding but I had not really gone into it full time. When I decided to stay in Akwa Ibom, I considered the option of venturing into printing and branding. So, one of those days, I stumbled on a printing and branding firm, I went in and asked that I wanted to work, and that I had just finished service and would like to work. They told me that since I did not have a v